[Clubs] Weekly Clubs Mailout

Ashlea Hegedus-Viola clubsasst at vmail.feds.ca
Mon Jun 14 14:27:33 EDT 2010

Hi Clubs,
One item of feedback we received from the Feds long range strategic plan
was to help with joint club events and to assist you with event
advertising.  We've also had a number of requests from clubs about
cross-promoting events.  As such we'll be running a trial *weekly clubs
mailout!*

The mailout will include any pertinent information from us (reminders or
notes about things that affect clubs) plus a section for club event
advertising.

If you would like to include one of your events in this mailout please
send the following information with no additional formating to
clubsasst at feds.ca
*Event Form # (so we can verify the event):**
Name of Club:
Name of Event:
When:
Where:
Brief description (no more than 250 characters) and a link or contact
for more information:*
*Note this is intended for events only, meetings and recurring club
activities will not be included.

Here's an example of how this will look (and advertising for an event
happening this evening in DC):
----
Shaberian Club presents:*
**The First Anniversary of Disputed Presidential Election in Iran*
/When:/ Monday, June 14th from 6-10pm
/Where: / DC 1351
Citizenship and the Politics of Cultural Engineering in Contemporary
Iran: A presentation by UofT history professor Dr. Mohammad Tavakoli
followed by a Q&A session and a film screening of 30+1 produced by UW
students.
For more information see: http://shabeiran.com/
----

If you have any questions about this or would like to provide feedback
about the mailout as we experiment this term - please let me know.
Thanks,
-Ashlea
--
Ashlea Hegedus-Viola | Clubs and Services Assistant
Federation of Students | University of Waterloo