[Clubs] Weekly Clubs Mailout - The first!

Ashlea Hegedus-Viola clubsasst at vmail.feds.ca
Tue Jun 22 14:46:44 EDT 2010

Hi Clubs,
Here's your weekly dose of clubs news and events!
Just to clarify for future weeks I'll be sending the mailouts every
Monday so please have your info. to me by Sunday night and be sure to
include events happening during the upcoming week.

*Weekly Clubs Tip:
*Did you know that Feds can host your clubs website for you?
All clubs should be listed on the Feds website:
http://clubsandsocieties.feds.ca/full_clubs_listing
*Check to see if your club details and contact information is updated* -
if not, send us the changes!  Likewise, if you need access to your
club's website and it is hosted by Feds or would like a website, just
let us know.  Email clubsasst at feds.ca
*
*-----------------
*Events this Week:
*- Aboriginal Services Open House, Wednesday
- Pakistani Student Association -- Basant Festival, Wednesday
- EcoEats 'Food Inc.' Film Screening and Guest Lecture, Friday
- EngSoc Whitewater Rafting

See more details below...
-----------------

*Aboriginal Services Open House*
In Celebration of National Aboriginal Day
Wednesday June 23, 2010, 11:30-2:30
St. Paul's University College @ the University of Waterloo
Academic Support Centre
190 Westmount Rd. N.
Contact: ljlentz(at)uwaterloo(dot)ca
519-885-1460 ext. 220 or 227

Everyone Welcome!

---

*UW Pakistani Student Association (PSA)*
*Basant Festival and BBQ*
Wednesday, June 23^rd
BBQ - SLC Courtyard - 11am - 1pm
Kite Flying - Village 1 green - 1pm - 4pm
*What: *Come Celebrate the New Season with PSA.  We will have a number
of attractions including Kite flying and games.
Facebook
Link: http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=116820281695931&ref=mf
<http://www.facebook.com/#%21/event.php?eid=116820281695931&ref=mf>
NOTE: Rain day is June 24th for the same times and locations.

---

*Eco-Eats of UW Sustainability Project*
Food, Inc. Film Screening
Friday, June 25^th in the SLC great hall at 6pm leading into Warrior
Weekend.
The movie will be followed by a discussion of current food issues
moderated by the very knowledgeable Ellen Desjardins.
Free snacks for everyone and free drinks if you bring your own mug!

---

I was asked by EngSoc to forward this event to you all, to see if you
had any interested students. Please send this to all of your members and
hopefully EngSoc can fill these spots!
Anyone who is interested in going can email the EngSoc President Scott
Rankin  s2rankin (at) gmail (dot) com <mailto:s2rankin at gmail.com>.
The best *whitewater rafting* river, it doesn't get much better than
this. If you pay tuition somewhere then this is weekend to come and
visit the Ottawa River.
That is the description from Wilderness Tours!!! Sounds like a great
weekend! Buy your ticket in the EngSoc office now or email the
President! Tickets are $210 and include:
- 2 days of rafting
- 5 meals
- bus ride there and back
- campground rental
- use of facilities: beach, bonfire pit, pool, sports courts, etc.
All you need is a student card! (and something to sleep in like a tent)
All Faculties welcome!

--
Ashlea Hegedus-Viola | Clubs and Services Assistant
Federation of Students | University of Waterloo