[Council] Agenda Deadline for June Meeting

Doug Turner drturner at uwaterloo.ca
Sun May 25 10:46:14 EDT 2014

Hello Council,

I am sending out a call for agenda items fairly early, as I want to
get as much of a head start as possible on its creation.  If you have
any items you would like included in the agenda, please send it to me
by email by next Friday, May 30th.  I will (if all goes well) send the
agenda out next Sunday night, June 1st.

If anybody has an agenda item which they'd like to bring forward, but
are having trouble with creating properly, send me an email this week
and I can give you a hand with it.

Please, please, please include in the subject line "Council Agenda
June" so that I can find them all quickly in my emails next weekend.
If you don't, you risk me losing it in my mess of an inbox.  This goes
for all emails, whether it be to request an absence, sending your
report, or for any agenda items.

As well, remember that if you are unable to attend the meeting, please
send me an email expressing and explaining your absence.  This may be
done up to 24 hours before the meeting (unless there is an emergency),
but I would definitely appreciate if you could let me know as soon as
possible.  As a reminder, if you currently live more than 100 km away
from Waterloo, then you are not required to attend the meeting and you
will have no absence counted against you.  Furthermore, any Councillor
that is late by 30 minutes to the Council meeting or must leave early
will also be counted as an unexcused absence unless you notify me
ahead of time.

Anyways, I hope your summers are going well so far, whether you are in
Waterloo, on a work term, or enjoying some time off at home.  If you
are looking to do some light and fun summer reading, then I'd highly
recommend picking up a copy of Robert's Rules - it is a gripping, 700
page bundle of fun (the abridged version is also pretty handy)!  You
could also acquaint yourself with the Bylaws, Policies, and
Procedures, which are all available on the Feds website, under
Governance > Important Documents.

That's all I have for now.  I'm looking forward to seeing you all at
the next meeting, on June 8th at 12:30 pm.

- Doug