[Council] Draft Minutes From May 15th Meeting

Sacha Forstner sforstner at uwaterloo.ca
Tue May 17 11:06:05 EDT 2016

Hello Councillors,

Attached are the draft minutes from the meeting this past Sunday. Please glance through them to make sure that a) your attendance was recorded, and b) they reflect what you remember about the meeting. Since I only took over as Secretary part-way into that meeting, I was relying a little on memory for the notes at the beginning, so let me know if I misplaced a mover or a seconder (up to and including the election of the Secretary).

Requests for corrections should be sent to our new speaker, AJ Wray, at speaker at feds.ca. I’m honestly not sure if he has access to that account yet, but presumably he will soon!

Regarding attendance: I talked to AJ, and we agreed that – for this meeting only, since it was the first one and training happened only one day before – all absences will be considered excused. This is crucial, since Councillors can be removed from their seats after two unexcused absences. I am sure AJ will address this further at some point, but for more information you are also welcome to read pages 44 and 45 of the Council Procedures.<http://www.feds.ca/wp-content/blogs.dir/57/files//2012/08/SC-Procedures-December-2015.pdf>

These minutes are only a draft, and remain unofficial until approved at the next meeting of Students’ Council.

Regards,

--
Sacha Forstner
Secretary of Council